About a year ago I was distraught to find that Trader Joe’s discontinued one of may favorite summer treats, their Southwestern Turkey Burger. I think they replaced it with some chicken burger but it’s just not the same.
This is my recreation. I cooked mine on the George Forman but I can’t WAIT to get them on the BBQ this summer!
- 8oz extra Lean Ground Turkey
- ⅓ of a red bell pepper diced small
- ⅓ of a green bell pepper diced small
- ⅓ of a yellow bell pepper diced small
- ½ of a small onion diced small
- 1 medium button mushroom diced small
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup quick oats
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- Salt & pepper
Put all ingredients in a bowl and combine with hands.
Form the mixture into 4 equal sized patties approximately 4 ounces each.
Grill about 4-5 minutes a side or about 6 minutes on the George Forman Grill.
I served it on a Whole Wheat Potato Roll (a whole wheat English muffin would work too) with a bed of baby spinach and some ketchup. I also cooked up the other 3 and froze them for lunches.
What about the husband? well, he had a regular old burger. BORING! ;~P
|Servings||Amt per Serving|
|4||1 turkey patty|
|102||1g||2g||old: 2||new: 2|