Can you tell I have a lot of couscous in the pantry that I'm trying to use up? 🙂
This was a super late, super quick meal I brought together after a super long day. I realize the idea is not that different then yesterdays One Pot Chicken with Mango and Couscous but I thought I'd share anyway and show you how versatile this type of dish is.
The formula is simple... especially for 1 serving... 3-4 ounces of your favorite protein. Brown it. Add some flavorful liquid (juice or broth about ¼ cup) and any spices you like. Bring to a boil. Add the couscous (¼ cup). Cover, remove from heat. wait 5 minutes and eat! Of course if you have fresh veggies add them too! I'm just all out. 🙁
Seriously... how simple is that? Here's the flavor combo I put together tonight.
- 4 oz raw boneless chicken breast
- 1 medium orange juiced (or about ¼ cup orange juice)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup Whole Wheat Couscous (55g)
Brown the chicken in a small pot with a bit of non-stick cooking spray. Juice the orange and add it to the pot along with the soy sauce and ginger. Bring to a boil, add the couscous, cover and remove from the heat.
Wait 5 minutes then enjoy!
Super Quick Orange Chicken with Couscous
- Brown the chicken in a small pot with a bit of non-stick cooking spray. Juice the orange and add it to the pot along with the soy sauce and ginger. Bring to a boil, add the couscous, cover and remove from the heat.4 oz raw boneless chicken breast, 1 medium orange juiced, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, ¼ teaspoon ground ginger, ¼ cup Whole Wheat Couscous
- Wait 5 minutes then enjoy!