OK, OK, OK so I ate WAY too much at the office holiday party today. Not too mention I had fast food for lunch. So I decided it was a lite salad for dinner day. There were leftovers for the toddler. The husband went out for... wait for it... wait for it... Fast food (he was Christmas shopping.) That left me to fend for myself.
I love it when this happens!
I opened the fridge, looked in the pantry and came up with this. Now let me warn you the dressing is intense. You can replace with a store bought or whip up your own. I loved the kick from the raw garlic and the tartness from the vinegar especially mixed with the dried fruit.
- A few handfuls of baby spinach
- half a fennel base sliced
- ⅛ cup dried berries (I used half cranberries and half cherries) (20g)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ tablespoon honey (5g)
- ½ teaspoon olive oil (5g)
- ½ tablespoon dried parsley
- Kosher salt and pepper
Pile the spinach, fennel and berries on a plate.
Puree the remaining ingredients in a small food processor to make the dressing.
Pour the dressing on the salad. Enjoy! 🙂
Spinach and Fennel Salad with Garlic Balsamic Vinaigrette and Dried Berries
- Pile the spinach, fennel and berries on a plate.A few handfuls of baby spinach, half a fennel base sliced, ⅛ cup dried berries
- Puree the remaining ingredients in a small food processor to make the dressing.1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove of garlic, ¼ tablespoon honey, ½ teaspoon olive oil, ½ tablespoon dried parsley, Kosher salt and pepper
- Pour the dressing on the salad. Enjoy!