If you read my journal you may know I'm going through some dietary changes as I figure out what my food sensitivities are. It's really throwing me for a loop as it seems some of my favorite healthy vegetables may be causing my stomach distress, which is causing me cooking distress!
When I look in the pantry or fridge, all I see are foods I should be staying away from at the moment. It's depressing.
So yesterday I decided to look through my IBS books and focus on the foods I CAN eat. This smoothie was born. It cured my late-morning hunger and (because of the chia seeds) turned into more of a satisfying pudding!
Here's what I did...
- ½ ripe banana (50g)
- ½ cup frozen blueberries (70g)
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes (10g)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (12g)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
Put everything in the blender and process until smooth.
I let mine go for a good minute and it came out amazingly thick and luxurious!
I never put blueberries and coconut together before. They make a yummy team!
Blueberry Coconut Smoothie
- Put everything in the blender and process until smooth.½ ripe banana, ½ cup frozen blueberries, 2 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, ½ cup unsweetened almond milk