Happy Thursday everyone!
It's been a few crazy weeks in these parts. I don't have the time or brainpower to get into it.
I do, however, need to share this super fun, easy, midweek meal idea!
After making Moo Shu Pork Tacos earlier this week, I found myself with an extra bag of shredded red cabbage. The GreenLiteBites group gave me some great ideas on how to use it that led me down the cabbage-apple path. Have you ever searched reb cabbage and apples? There's a shit-ton of recipes out there. I don't think I realized it was a thing. Did you know it was a thing?
Anyway, I decided to use the base idea and add a boost of protein to it with a pound of lean ground turkey. It was fantastic! Super easy, fast, and tasty! Which is crazy because there's really nothing to it.
I'll be eating the other half for lunch tomorrow and I can't wait.
- 1 small onion sliced thin ~135g
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 8 oz bag of shredded red cabbage
- 1 granny smith apple sliced thin ~95g
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Heat a skillet over medium-high. Brown the turkey with the onion and a pinch of salt.
Once you no longer see pink turkey add the cabbage, onion, apple cider vinegar, and another pinch of salt. Cook until the cabbage wilts and apple softens.1 small onion sliced thin,1 lb lean ground turkey,8 oz bag of shredded red cabbage,1 granny smith apple sliced thin,1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Season with salt and pepper.Salt and pepper
Here's what I did...
Ground Turkey with Red Cabbage and Apple
- Heat a skillet over medium-high. Brown the turkey with the onion and a pinch of salt.
- Once you no longer see pink turkey add the cabbage, onion, apple cider vinegar, and another pinch of salt. Cook until the cabbage wilts and apple softens.1 small onion sliced thin, 1 lb lean ground turkey, 8 oz bag of shredded red cabbage, 1 granny smith apple sliced thin, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Season with salt and pepper.Salt and pepper
- If I had more cabbage I probably would have added more cabbage. This could easily be made into a 4 serving meal by doubling the cabbage and apple. I just used what I had on hand and I'm all about the higher protein meals since I strength train.
- If you don't have a granny smith any apple would be fine but I really liked the tartness.