I woke up with a hankering for oatmeal again. Tis the season!
Honestly, I think I can do a whole blog devoted to just oatmeal toppings. It's such a fabulous vessel to try out fun flavors. Today I took some Georgia Pecans (I won a bag on twitter!) and one of my favorite fruits of all time...
the tangerine! I love when those boxes appear in my local grocery store. I always ponder if I should get one as they look like so much. but without fail we polish off a box in a few weeks. They become a go-to snack, a lunch box addition, and today, a topping for a fabulous filling breakfast!
- ½ cup Old Fashioned Oats (40g)
- 6 oz of water (I like my oatmeal thick, add more if you don’t)
- pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp raspberry extract (vanilla or almond would work too)
- 1 tangerine or mandarine orange, peeled and separated into sections
- 5 chopped pecans
- Drizzle of honey (~¼ tbsp)
Put the oatmeal, water and salt in a small pot. Cook over medium heat until all the water is absorbed. Remove from heat and mix in the raspberry extract.
Put the cooked oatmeal a bowl and top with the tangerine, pecans and honey. You can’t get any easier than that!
|Servings||Amt per Serving|
|260||8g||6g||old: 5||new: 7|