I came up with this idea this past summer after picking up some fresh green beans and cherry tomatoes at a local farm stand. The beans are a nice additional and you could make this as a meal or a side easily.
You can use fresh or canned green beans, whatever is easier. But nothing beats fresh! Just look at that great green color!
- 2-3 cups fresh green beans blanched or a 1 15 oz can
- 1 can of kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2-3 rings of sweet onion (optional)
- 3 cloves of garlic minced small or run through a garlic press
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¼-½ packet of Stevia (or your favorite sweetener)
- Salt & pepper
Add the green beans, tomatoes, and onion to a large Tupperware container (you will be shaking so you want a lid)
Using a garlic press, mince the garlic into a small bowl. Whisk in the vinegars, olive oil, Stevia, salt and pepper.
Pour dressing over the beans, top with lid and shake! Go ahead, no one's watching, do the shake dance right there in your kitchen. OR have your toddler do the dirty work for you…
Eat immediately like we did or refrigerate for a bit serve!
|Servings||Amt per Serving|
|168||3g||11g||old: 3||new: 4|