I had a hankering for soup. Sure, I could have just grabbed a can of condensed soup from the pantry but where's the fun in that?!? 🙂
Instead, I took an old time favorite, tomato soup and made it into a satisfying meal by adding a few additional ingredients and spices.
Speaking of... Did you see my A Super Seven Spice Giveaway! 🙂
- 1 10 ¾ oz condensed tomato soup (preferably low sodium or healthy request)
- 1 tomato soup can of water
- 1 15oz can of diced tomatoes (with green chillies would be tasty!)
- 1 15oz can of pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- ½ tsp cumin
- About 2 cups baby spinach loosely chopped
Mix all ingredients except the spinach in a pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil then lower the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes allowing all the flavors to mix.
Turn off the heat. Add the baby spinach and remove from heat. Stir in the spinach and it should wilt in a few seconds.
|Servings||Amt per Serving|
|3||About 2 Cups|
|240||2g||10g||old: 4||new: 6|