This Peanut Butter Protein Bliss Smoothie contains no actual peanut butter. Odd, I know, but I needed a way to cure my peanut butter cravings in a controlled, less-fat kind of way.
Because let's be honest, I can't be trusted with a jar of peanut butter.
I just can't.
And this week my PB cravings were off the charts. The 7-Year-Old requests a peanut butter (no jelly) sandwich almost every day for lunch, and I just couldn't take it anymore! So I made myself this smoothie a few days to help keep me from overdosing on actual peanut butter (which I have done many, many times before) and it hit the spot.
This morning I made it again and added a small sprinkle of cocoa nibs on top.
They made it much prettier to photograph and I loved the little crunch they added at the end.
In other news...
- My mom is settling nicely in her new condo a mere half mile away.
- My Father-in-Law is home and recovering well.
- One of my passion projects may be coming to fruition. I've been interviewing at a local gym for a part-time personal trainer gig! I'm ecstatic!
- I have quite a few balls in the air at the moment, but I've been feeling pretty fantastic lately.
Peanut Butter Protein Bliss Smoothie
- 1 frozen ripe bananas 115g
- 2 tablespoon Peanut Butter Powder 12g (like this)
- 75 g Egg Whites from the carton like this
- 2 scoops unflavored whey like this
- 2 g cocoa nibs like this
- Put all ingredients except the cocoa nibs in your blender or bullet.1 frozen ripe bananas, 2 tablespoon Peanut Butter Powder, 75 g Egg Whites from the carton, 2 scoops unflavored whey
- Blend until smooth.
- Top with nibs.2 g cocoa nibs
- Always put the banana and egg white in the blender first so the powders don't stick to the bottom.
- If you don't need or want the protein you can sub the egg white for almond milk. It's still yummy!