I've never eaten coleslaw in my life. Is that weird? Isn't that was a cabbage salad is?
Anyway, I was armed with the cutest little heads of cabbage from the farm and, yup you guessed it, feta. 🙂 So i decided to combine them together and I'm so glad I did! This was fabulous! I almost ate the whole bowl in one sitting. I had to force myself to save it for dinner.
I had both the husband and child taste it. The husband said it was ok but he's not a cabbage man. His reaction was pretty much what I expected. The Little Guy, well, let's just say he was brave to try it even though he ended up spitting it out. Hey.. you can't win them all. 🙂
- 2 small heads of cabbage (about 2 cups shredded 140g) I used 1 red and one green.
- ¼ cup crumbled feta (34g)
- ½ tablespoon honey (10g)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (5g)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Pinch of fresh ground black pepper or more to taste.
I told you. They are so stinkin' cute I had to post a few picures of the cabbage heads.
The purple one especially.
Even shredded it's pretty! 🙂
To make the dressing put the feta, honey, olive oil, oregano and vinegar in a bowl and...
... whisk with a fork, squishing the feta making a creamy dressing like so...
Pour the dressing over the shredded cabbage...
Enjoy! I could easily eat the whole batch but I'll split it into 2, 1 cup servings. It's a nice size. You could easily split it 4 ways for a small side with dinner.
FULL DISCLOSURE: I have partnered with ATHENOS Feta to serve as one of ATHENOS Change for the Feta Bloggers. I am compensated for my time commitment to the program, which includes blogging about my cooking experiences with ATHENOS Feta. I have also been compensated for the food purchased for my Change for the Feta creations. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments. Click here to see all my Feta Ideas!!
My First Cabbage Salad!
- To make the dressing put the feta, honey, olive oil, oregano and vinegar in a bowl and... whisk with a fork, squishing the feta making a creamy dressing like so...¼ cup crumbled feta, ½ tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon oregano
- Pour the dressing over the shredded cabbage... and toss!2 small heads of cabbage, Pinch of fresh ground black pepper or more to taste.