I originally posted this recipe ten years ago. That's crazy talk!
Anyway, I decided to repost it just as is, photos and all after a few people requested it. According to my archive, this post had over 330 comments. I may be the most commented post I've ever had!
By the way, that kid in the Power Ranger PJs is thirteen now, also crazy!
The following was posted in March 2009...
Banana Oatmeal Cups with Chocolate Chips
These Banana Oatmeal Cups with Chocolate Chips are the perfect way to make oatmeal portable and the kids love them.
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 cup vanilla Almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 3 cups 240g Old Fashion or Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp 42g mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix all ingredients except the chocolate chips, and let sit while you prepare the muffin pans.3 mashed bananas, 1 cup vanilla Almond milk, 2 eggs, 1 tbsp Baking powder, 3 cups 240g Old Fashion or Rolled Oats, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Spray a muffin pan and/or liners with non-stick spray.
- Stir the chocolate chips into the oatmeal batter.3 tbsp 42g mini chocolate chips
- Divide batter into 15 muffin cups. They should be just about filled.
- Bake 20-30 minutes, you’ll see the edges just starting to brown, and they will be firm to the touch.
- Cool for a few minutes in the tin before removing. Otherwise, they stick.
- The riper the bananas the better but I've made them with just ripe and had good results.
- Any milk should work. I just happen to always have almond milk on hand.
- This recipe is very forgiving and very easy to add other healthy things too like flax, hemp seeds, chia. They all make great additions.
Serving: 1"cup"Calories: 115kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 4gFat: 3gFiber: 2gSugar: 6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply