When I started GreenLiteBites back in -- omg, I can't believe I'm about to say this -- 2007, I averaged about a video a week. YouTube was NOT what it is today. My videos were raw and barely edited. Some included the kids as we tried new vegetables or cooked together. Some were just ideas I thought fun to share.
My mission was to show other people and moms it was possible to cook nutritious food at home with your kids. My food ideas weren't perfect, but I always thought trying was half the battle. That's the message I wanted to spread -- have fun!
As the kids got older, it got harder to keep up a video schedule and then, well, you know the rest. I had a bit of a blogging identity crisis.
Anyway, I'm giving the videos a try again. I recorded the video above on Monday and had an absolute blast.
As for the smoothie idea, this one is a favorite of mine. I make it all the time. I hope it inspires you.
Almond Joy Protein Smoothie
- 1 ripe banana frozen (~110g)
- 150 g liquid egg white The kind in the carton
- 10 roasted almonds ~13g
- 1 scoop unflavored whey protein
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp almond extract or less to taste
- ¼ tsp coconut extract
- Blend until smooth.1 ripe banana, 150 g liquid egg white, 10 roasted almonds, 1 scoop unflavored whey protein, 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, ½ tsp almond extract, ¼ tsp coconut extract