Get your cheesecake "fix" for 100 calories with these individual Cheesecake Muffins!
Guys... Guys... GUYS! This recipe for Cheesecake Muffins is a keeper. It's easy. It's tasty. It's fun. It's light. And it's pre-portioned into a single-servings -- an odd positive for most people but I find it super helpful.
Oh! and Everyone who's tried one so fat has loved it!
Okay, okay. We are in quarantine, so "everyone" is just The Husband, The Teenager, and my Mom but still. They did enjoy this one!
This Cheesecake for Two recipe from Food Network is what gave me the idea, but my version is lighter and uses less sugar. We enjoyed them as part of another virtual dinner party we participated in last weekend.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 4 graham crackers
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 6 tablespoon cream cheese
- 6 oz nonfat greek yogurt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat to 325 degrees.
- Line 10 cups of a muffin tin with liners.
- Pulse the graham crackers and butter food processor until fine and crumbly. Divide the mixture evenly between the 10 liners, pressing it into the bottom to form the crust. Bake 8-10 minutes.4 graham crackers, 1 tablespoon butter
- While the crusts are cooling blend the cream cheese, yogurt, sugar, egg, flour, lemon zest, vanilla and salt until smooth.6 tablespoon cream cheese, 6 oz nonfat greek yogurt, ¼ cup sugar, 2 large eggs, 1 tablespoon flour, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, Pinch of salt
- Divide the batter between the 10 liners. Bake the cheesecakes for 25-30 minutes. They should barely jiggle when you shake the pan.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- This is NOT an overly sweet cheesecakes. You can increase the sugar to a third of a cup if you like them sweeter.
- I topped mine with a homemade berry sauce (frozen berries, lemon juice, sugar to taste, warmed and pureed) but fresh fruit or even just a dollap of jam would be tasty!
- I used my bullet for all the processing. No bowl required! Barely a dish to wash. 🙂
Leave a Reply