I'm back on the smoothie wagon. It's funny how I cycle through them. I'll go through stretches where I make one every day for breakfast and then... I just stop.
A few weeks ago I went to Costco and stocked up on some frozen fruit so now I'm inspired again. This combo is a favorite of mine. I used to add banana as well, but this time I decided to go straight cherries. It paid off. I loved the texture of this. You just need to leave it in the blender for an extra few seconds to pulverize the almonds.
Oh! And I highly recommend adding a few frozen cherries to the top. They melt into a sweet, indulgent treat when you are finished.
Have a great weekend! I'm hoping to catch up on email and post a few requested Vintage GreenLiteBites recipes.
Sweet Cherry Almond Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen sweet cherries 140g
- ¼ cup raw unsalted almonds 15g
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened dark cocoa powder 5g
- 1 scoop unflavored whey protein isolate
- ⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk 6oz
- ¼ teaspoon coconut extract
- Put all the ingredients in a blender or bullet. Process until smooth, about 1 minute.1 cup frozen sweet cherries, ¼ cup raw unsalted almonds, 1 tablespoon unsweetened dark cocoa powder, 1 scoop unflavored whey protein isolate, ⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk, ¼ teaspoon coconut extract
- My two favorite unflavored protein powders are Isopure and Naked. For this recipe, I went with 1 scoop Isopure, if I had Naked I'd use 2 scoops get the same amount of protein.
- I buy the big bag of sweet cherries from Costco. This is the brand. Love them!
- The almonds I ordered in my Imperfect box. I'm a HUGE fan. Love them.
- Oh! And this is the cocoa powder I use.