I'm back on the smoothie wagon. It's funny how I cycle through them. I'll go through stretches where I make one every day for breakfast and then... I just stop.
A few weeks ago I went to Costco and stocked up on some frozen fruit so now I'm inspired again. This combo is a favorite of mine. I used to add banana as well, but this time I decided to go straight cherries. It paid off. I loved the texture of this. You just need to leave it in the blender for an extra few seconds to pulverize the almonds.
Oh! And I highly recommend adding a few frozen cherries to the top. They melt into a sweet, indulgent treat when you are finished.
Have a great weekend! I'm hoping to catch up on email and post a few requested Vintage GreenLiteBites recipes.
Sweet Cherry Almond Protein Smoothie
Yield 1 serving
Sweet cherries, almond, dark cocoa powder and a touch of coconut extract make this a luxurious post-workout protein smoothie or breakfast. Don't forget the extra cherry (or two) on top!
- 1 cup frozen sweet cherries (140g)
- ¼ cup raw unsalted almonds (15g)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened dark cocoa powder (5g)
- 1 scoop unflavored whey protein isolate
- ⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk (6oz)
- ¼ tsp coconut extract
Put all the ingredients in a blender or bullet. Process until smooth, about 1 minute.
- My two favorite unflavored protein powders are Isopure and Naked. For this recipe, I went with 1 scoop Isopure, if I had Naked I'd use 2 scoops get the same amount of protein.
- I buy the big bag of sweet cherries from Costco. This is the brand. Love them!
- The almonds I ordered in my Imperfect box. I'm a HUGE fan. Love them.
- Oh! And this is the cocoa powder I use.
Serving Size entire recipe
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 9 g
Total Carbohydrates 29 g
Dietary Fiber 7 g
Sugars 19 g
Protein 31 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.