There's just something about the feta, spinach roasted pepper combination that I'm really enjoying. It's a trifecta of flavor with the fresh spinach, sweet pepper and salty, creamy cheese. Tonight I put is all on/in a burger. Just perfect on a hot summer day and boy is it HOT! We are breaking records here in Maryland. I'm loving it! 🙂
Unfortunately I don't have a grill at the moment so I cooked these on the George Foreman. I don't think they suffered at all. I still got a nice crisp outer shell and a moist inside. They held together perfectly! The only thing I may do differently next time is add a bit of garlic. Other then that my first stab is a keeper for me!
As for husband and child.. they stuck with regular old boring burgers. Which is totally fine by me. I now have 6 frozen patties to pull out for a quick meal!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey (at least 90%)
- 1 cup (80g) Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 large egg whites
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach
- ½ cup (68g) ATHENOS crumbles feta (I used Black Peppercorn)
The first thing you need to do is prep the spinach. If you don't have a 10oz package defrosted simply put it in a strainer and run it under water. It will defrost in no time.
Once it's defrosted, squeeze as much liquid as you can out and add it and the rest of the ingredients to a bowl.
Combine using your hands. Don't overwork, just mix it until all the ingredients merge.
Form into 8 patties each about 100g each.
Grill until cooked through! They took about 9 minutes on my goerge foreman. Be sure to spray with some non-stick cooking spray to avoid sticking.
Here's a closeup of the burger.
I served mine on a whole wheat bun with a sweet roasted pepper on top and a side of grilled zucchini and corn on the cob. Here's the nutritional information for just the pattys. Serve it any way you like!
FULL DISCLOSURE: I have partnered with ATHENOS Feta to serve as one of ATHENOS Change for the Feta Bloggers. I am compensated for my time commitment to the program, which includes blogging about my cooking experiences with ATHENOS Feta. I have also been compensated for the food purchased for my Change for the Feta creations. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments. Click here to see all my Feta Ideas!!
Visitors Made - Recipe Gallery
Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb lean ground turkey at least 90%
- 1 cup 80g Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 large egg whites
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach defrosted
- ½ cup 68g crumbled feta
- Squeeze as much liquid out of the spinach as you can out and add it and the rest of the ingredients to a bowl.
- Combine using your hands. Don’t overwork; just mix it until all the ingredients merge.
- Form into eight patties each about 100g each.
- Grill until cooked through. They took about 9 minutes on my George Foreman. Be sure to spray with some non-stick cooking spray to avoid sticking.
- If you don’t have a 10oz package of spinach defrosted simply put it in a strainer and run it under water. It will defrost in no time.
- I served my burger on a whole wheat bun with a sweet roasted pepper on top and a side of grilled zucchini and corn on the cob.