Sorry, this took me longer than I expected. I had to find about 2 hours to cook the squash and record so I can show you the process.
This is my new technique. I used to do it in the microwave which is still a great alternative when you're in a hurry, but the texture does comes out better in the oven.
Oh! and watch the end. I put in a cute clip of Little Bean. 🙂
In a nutshell in case you don't want to watch the whole video:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Slice off a small bit of the flesh so it doesn't roll.
- Place the whole squash on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 60-90 minutes until the flesh is soft to the tough.
- Cut and let cool.
- Scoop out the seeds and pulp.