Hey Guys! I'm back from my yearly vacation with the boys. This year we traveled to Assateague and Annapolis -- click here to check it out -- and had an absolute blast!
Needless to say, I haven't done much cooking but I have a lot of things in the works. In the meantime, I'll be reposting some of GreenLiteBites Vintage Summer favorites including this idea for Chickpea and Tomato Salad with Fresh Basil.
This was, by far the most popular recipe on my old site. It's fast, easy and a great addition to any summer meal!
Originally Posted June 2011.
Chickpea and Tomato Salad with Fresh Basil
Chickpea and Tomato Salad with Fresh Basil is the easiest salad you will make this summer!
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 25 large basil leaves chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon honey 10g
- pinch of salt
- Toss all ingredients together and chill for at least 20 minutes, allowing all the flavors to merge.1 can chickpeas, 1 pint grape tomatoes, 25 large basil leaves, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 2 teaspoon olive oil, ½ tablespoon honey, pinch of salt
Calories: 245kcalCarbohydrates: 40gProtein: 8gFat: 6gFiber: 7gSugar: 8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!