Hey Guys! I'm back from my yearly vacation with the boys. This year we traveled to Assateague and Annapolis -- click here to check it out -- and had an absolute blast!
Needless to say, I haven't done much cooking but I have a lot of things in the works. In the meantime, I'll be reposting some of GreenLiteBites Vintage Summer favorites including this idea for Chickpea and Tomato Salad with Fresh Basil.
This was, by far the most popular recipe on my old site. It's fast, easy and a great addition to any summer meal!
Originally Posted June 2011.
Chickpea and Tomato Salad with Fresh Basil
Yield 2 servings
Chickpea and Tomato Salad with Fresh Basil is the easiest salad you will make this summer!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 25 large basil leaves, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp honey (10g)
- pinch of salt
Toss all ingredients together and chill for at least 20 minutes, allowing all the flavors to merge.
Serving Size half the recipe
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 6 g
Total Carbohydrates 40 g
Dietary Fiber 7 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.