I cannot believe how many people have requested The Red White and Blue Sweet Summer Salad over the last few weeks. It’s an old favorite of mine but now I make my own dressing. I will share that recipe asap!
Originally Posted 2010.
Sometimes simple is simply DELICIOUS! I can’t get over how much I enjoyed this salad. Normally I’m not a cheese mixed with fruit kind of gal, I’m not sure why. The sweet fruit and the salty, creamy feta did make a great combo so, I think I’ll be changing my tune on that one.
I also rarely buy salad dressing, but my attempts at recreating a sweet poppy seed dressing have all flopped. So I caved and bought this at Trader Joe’s.
It’s filled with a lot of sugar, 2 tablespoons have 10g with 90 calories, 5g of fat, and no fiber, but a little goes a long way. I stuck with 1 tablespoon for this salad and it was perfect!
The Red, White, and Blue Sweet Summer Salad
Yield 1 serving
With only five ingredients, The Red, White, and Blue Sweet Summer Salad is bursting with flavor. It's the perfect bite on these hot, humid days.
- 3-4 cups of fresh romaine lettuce cleaned and torn (you could just use the bagged stuff)
- About 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- About 1/2 cup fresh strawberries cut in small chunks
- 1 oz (28g) Crumbled Feta
- 1 tbsp Sweet Poppy Dressing
Wash and prepare all your ingredients.
Top the greens with the berries and cheese. Drizzle on the dressing and enjoy!
- I originally used storebought for the poppy seed dressing. Now I made my own. Click here for the recipe!
Serving Size entire recipe
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 9 g
Total Carbohydrates 32 g
Dietary Fiber 8 g
Sugars 25 g
Protein 10 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.