I’m posting thing recipe specifically for my Great Aunt Helen who, at Easter, was a little hesitant to try my 3-Bean Salad, but after she did she asked for the recipe!
It’s stupid simple and tasty, using mostly items you probably have in your pantry right now…
It’s also a great, easy addition to any summer BBQ.
Happy Mom’s Day to all the Mom’s out there! I’m off to soak up the rest of this Sunday!
Fat-Free 3-Bean Salad
Yield 4 servings
Fat-Free 3-Bean Salad is the easiest, tastiest salad you'll ever make. Serve it at your next summer BBQ! Goes great with burgers and hot dogs.
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of kosher salt and pepper
- 1 15oz can of cut green beans, drained
- 1 15oz can of wax beans, drained
- 1 15oz can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, sliced
Whisk the vinegar and maple syrup with the salt and pepper to make the dressing. Toss the rest of the ingredients with the dressing and chill for at least an hour.
- Even if you don't like onions, add them. They help flavor the dish.
- You could add oil to the dressing if you like. My goal here was a non-fat for macro purposes.
Serving Size ~2 cups
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrates 21 g
Dietary Fiber 6 g
Sugars 7 g
Protein 5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.