Do you enjoy coming up with healthy food ideas as I do?
Now here’s your chance to show me what you got!
If you weren’t already aware, Vitalicious has new baking mixes. They are a great healthy alternatives to traditional mixes, whole grain, low fat and super healthy.
You can make them as is but with a little creativity you can make a host of different guilt free snacks and desserts.
I’ve used the mixes before to create ideas like…
- Surprise Chocolate Cherry Muffins
- Chocolate Raspberry Brownies
- Berry VitaMuffin Cake
- Halloween Brownie Bites
- Cobbler-ish Blue Bran Peach Tarts
Honestly, I love these mixes. They take the guesswork out of baking and allow you to be creative in their use.
So here’s the deal. I’m looking for your recipe ideas using any of the
VitaMuffin and/or VitaBrownie Mixes.
What’s in it for you?
Vitalicious is going to supply the winner with a $500 gift certificate for the Vitalicious products of their choice! How cool is that?!
In addition, the top 5 finalist will get there recipes showcased here on GreenLiteBites with a pictures, a write up, husband, toddler opinions and all. (Just what you always wanted!) ;~P
What are the rules?
- You must use a VitaMuffin and/or VitaBrownie Mixes as the basis of your recipe. The mixes can be purchases by clicking one of the links below…
- Deep Chocolate VitaMix (Chocolate Muffin Mix)
- VitaBrownie Mix (Chocolate Brownie Mix)
- BananaNut VitaMix (Banana Nut Muffin Mix)
- BlueBran VitaMix (Blueberry Bran Muffin Mix)
- Not sure which to buy? Try them all with a sample pack!
- Your idea should use healthy whole ingredients keeping nutrition, health and calories in mind.
- Recipes should strive to be less then 150 calories a serving. High calorie ideas will be lose points in the judging process.
How will the entries be judged?
I will review all submitted ideas and select 5 finalists. Over the course of a week or two I will bake and photograph each finalist’s recipe and showcase the idea in individual posts here on GreenLiteBites.
- Ease of preparation
- Calories per serving
The husband, the toddler and I will taste test the top 5. I will then score each recipe on a scale from 1-5 in each of the judging categories. The toddler and the husband will each get a vote in the taste department. (The toddler will, of course, only be contributing a yay or nay ;~P)
How do I submit my ideas?
Email you contest entries to…
- [email protected].
- Subject: VitaMix Recipe Contest Entry.
Be sure to include
- Phone number
- Ingredient list
- Detailed written instructions
- Approximate nutritional information
I’m sorry, I will not be able to personally respond to each entry.
Entries that do not include the minimum information listed here will immediately be disqualified. No warnings, no exceptions. (I do have a full time job you know!)
How many ideas can I enter?
I am not limiting the number of ideas you can submit. Just make sure you only submit one idea per email and each idea only once; submitting an idea more than once will not increase your chances to win. It will only cause me more work! Remember the full time job thing. ;~)
May I send a picture of what the recipe should look like?
Sure! However, I’d appreciate it if the photographs were somehow limited in size! Here is some info that may help.
What are the dates of the contest?
- The contest will begin today January 19, 2008
- Entries will be accepted until March 1, 2008
- Finalist will be announced March 8, 2008
- Finalist will be baked and photographed between March 08, 2008 - March 16, 2008 (I will be making each idea and posting them on GreenLiteBites)
- Winner will be announced March 22, 2008
How do I calculate Nutritional Information?
Good question! You can use a lot of the same resources I do. I use a combination of websites, nutritiondata.com, fitday.com, and sometimes sparkpeople.com to get the nutritional information of each ingredient. Then add them up and divide by the number of servings. Estimates are ok, I will verify the finalists nutritional info before posting.
What if I have a question?
Please post all questions in the comments. This way others can benefit from the response.
How do I stay updated on contest news?
Well, you can always come back here and check in or you can subscribe to the site and get email updates of everything on the site.
I’m super excited about this! Let me know if you have any questions.