I haven't posted a Using Leftover Idea in some time so I decided to share this fun salad I made over the weekend with leftover pork loin. It came out amazingly awesome! A little higher on the calorie side than I expected but oh so tasty and filling. I loved it for a quick lunch.
Every time I make a salad, I now challenge myself not to use traditional dressing. Not that I think there's anything wrong with the store-bought stuff, I just like the idea of using regular pantry items. It saves me money and space in my fridge. Plus, I don't get dependent on one particular brand or product.
Let's just say I like to be independent. 🙂
I used leftover roasted pork loin for my protein, but you could easily make the same salad with chicken or skip the meat altogether and go veggie with it. It would be just as tasty, I have no doubt.
If you want to go a little lighter, cut the feta and dried berries in half; it will save you 4 PointsPlus. I posted the lighter nutritional info below.
That all being said, here's how I made it...
- 3 cups (127 g) baby spinach
- 3oz leftover cooked pork loin
- ½ cup (56g) crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup (40g) dried mixed berries
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (5g) honey
- Pinch of kosher salt & pepper
In a large bowl add the spinach, pork, feta and dried berries.
In a smaller bowl whisk the vinegar, oil, honey, salt and pepper.
Top the salad with the dressing and toss using tongs until the spinach is uniformly coated with dressing.
Pour into a plate and enjoy!
Using Leftovers: Super Spinach Salad!
- In a large bowl add the spinach, pork, feta and dried berries.3 cups 127 g baby spinach, 3 oz leftover cooked pork loin, ¼ cup 40g dried mixed berries, ½ cup 56g crumbled feta cheese
- In a smaller bowl whisk the vinegar, oil, honey, salt and pepper.2 tablespoon red wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon 5g honey, Pinch of kosher salt & pepper
- Top the salad with the dressing and toss using tongs until the spinach is uniformly coated with dressing.
- Pour into a plate and enjoy!