Trying a new video technique! I have been trying to get back into GreenLiteBite videos forever but every attempt at recreating how I used to do it back in the day has failed. So, I decided to try a new way. For this video, I recorded clips while I cooked dinner and then edited them together adding some insight while I worked on it.
I'm not going to lie, it was super fun! I hope you enjoy and it gives you a new dinner idea. Check my Thyme Salmon with Maple Cayenne Brussels Sprouts and Flavored Rice video here or hop on over to YouTube!
Thyme Salmon with Maple Cayenne Brussels Sprouts and Flavored Rice
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and place a large cookie sheet in there to warm up.
- Cut the ends off the Brussels Sprouts and half them.1 lbs Brussels Sprouts
- Toss the cut Brussels sprouts with the oil, maple syrup, salt, and cayenne.1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, a few dashes of caynne pepper
- Removed warmed sheet pan and spread the Brussels sprouts out evenly. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the salmon filets with salt, pepper, and a dash of thyme. Set aside.3-4 Salmon Filets, 1 teaspoon Thyme
- While the Brussels are still cooking, start the rice. Fill a pot with water that will cover your cup of rice by at least 3 inches. In the water, add 1 teaspoon of thyme, 1 teaspoon of minced onion, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring it to a boil.1 teaspoon dried minched onion, salt and pepper
- While waiting for the water to boil, rinse the rice a few times and let it soak in water.
- By this time, your Brussels may need a toss. It should be about 10 minutes. Toss and roast another 10 minutes.
- It's time to heat up a skillet or cast iron pan for your salmon. Get it to a nice hot temp but not smoking.
- Once the water boils in your pot, add the rice and cook for about four minutes. Keep an eye on, and once you don't see any hard white on the grains, you are good to go. Drain, add it back to the pot with a pat of butter and pinch of salt and cover until ready to serve.1 cup uncooked long grain rice, 1 pat of butter
- Remove the Brussels sprouts from the oven and let them rest.
- Time to cook the salmon. Add them to your hot skillet skin side down for about four minutes or until you see them cooking up the sides. Then flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes depending on thickness.
- You're done! Plate away!
- Nutritional info is based on everything being split four-ways with 4oz of salmon per person.