Did you know yesterday was Milk Chocolate Day? yeah.. me either. If I did I would have consumed more of the best stuff on earth. 🙂 I actually had no chocolate on hand so I celebrated by making a simple yet super tasty breakfast!
This is one of those "why-didn't-I-think-of-this-before" ideas. I'm a big fan of light chocolate soy milk. It has a strikingly similar nutritional profile as regular old skim milk only better because it has CHOCOLATE in it. 🙂
I've been using it in my grapenuts for some time now. Which is especially yummy with sliced banana or blueberries or both! That has taken over as my favorite breakfast. But this morning being out of fresh fruit I decided to go the warm route. And this was fantastic.
- 5 oz light chocolate milk
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats (40g)
- ½ oz almonds (I used the chocolate kind (Cocoa Roast Almonds)
- My favorite!)
Put the milk and oatmeal in a small pot and bring to a boil while stirring. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook until desired thickness. For me it was about 2-3 minutes.
Pour in bowl and top with almonds!
Simple Thick Chocolate Oatmeal with Almonds
- Put the milk and oatmeal in a small pot and bring to a boil while stirring.5 oz light chocolate milk, ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- Lower the heat to a simmer and cook until desired thickness. For me it was about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in bowl and top with almonds!½ oz almonds