I ran out of Nut and Oat bars last week and missed them so much! I loved being able to grab a homemade snack out the fridge instead of something I'd regret out of the pantry.
Just a reminder, these aren't quite "granola" bars and they aren't cookie like. I am going to try my hand a more traditional granola soon, but in the mean time these are a tasty combo of seeds and oats in a fun portable form. They are dense, tasty, and very satisfying.
Both boys enjoyed them and I love a bar with my nightly cup of tea.
Here's what I did…
- ½ cup pepitas
- ½ cup of pumpkin puree (120g)
- 2 tablespoon honey (42g)
- 1 ½ Cup Old Fashioned Oats (120g)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup sunflower seeds (60g)
- ¼ almond milk (or skim)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
If you don't know (I didn't until a few weeks ago) pepitas are just pumpkin seed kernels. I bought a bag in walmart, they are carrying this brand now with lots of fun seeds and nuts.
Put a half a cup in you bullet or processer
and pulse to break them up.
Note: I would keep them whole but I was trying to make these more kid friendly since mine doesn't like chunks.
Put all the ingredients in a bowl.
Press the mixture into a 9x11 pan lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the pan and cut into 12 bars.
The larger pan made then the perfect thickness in my opinion.
Little Bean stuffed his mouth immediately.
Little Guy devoured one.
I love seeing them eat things with so many whole ingredients. It helps counteract the candy and Doritos I've been trying to minimize in our diets.
Pumpkin, Oat and Seed Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put a half a cup in you bullet or processer and pulse to break them up.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.½ cup pepitas, ½ cup of pumpkin puree, 2 tablespoon honey, 1 ½ Cup Old Fashioned Oats, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ginger, ½ teaspoon nutmeg, ½ cup sunflower seeds, ¼ almond milk
- Press the mixture into a 9x11 pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the pan and cut into 12 bars. The larger pan made then the perfect thickness in my opinion.