I don’t know WHAT came over me today. I was home working on a few projects and I just felt like something new for lunch. Yet I wasn’t in the mood for a salad or a sandwich and I really didn’t want to cook. What’s a girl to do?
Well, I ended up creating the simplest, no cook, multipurpose, filling “Salsa salad”. (Can you tell I had no idea what to call it?)
I don’t want to pat myself on the back or anything but this was REALY good. *pat* *pat* So good, I ate it three different ways today! First, I put a serving in a pita with a some spinach leaves. YUM! Then I just topped a pile of spinach leaves for a more traditional salad YUM! YUM! And later I took two romaine leaves and used the “salsa” as a filling for lettuce wraps. YUM! YUM! YUM!
OK, now I probably talked it up too much but in all honestly, I really, really liked it.
- 1 can (15 oz) can red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 small can (8 oz) sweet yellow corn drained and rinsed
- 2 -3 slices of red onion diced small.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
Mix all ingredients and let it sit for about 20 minutes. That’s it! The longer it sits the more the flavors merge.
I have half in the fridge for tomorrow and honesty I may just take a fork to it and eat it straight up!
Kidney Bean and Corn Salsa Salad
- Mix all ingredients and let it sit for about 20 minutes. That’s it! The longer it sits the more the flavors merge.1 can, 1 small can, 2 -3 slices of red onion diced small., 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 tablespoon dried cilantro, 1 teaspoon chili powder, ½ teaspoon ground cumin, 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce