It's 4 a.m. here, and I got tired of laying in bed pretending to be sleeping while my brain was in overdrive. I think I'm nervous classes start Monday. I'm back at the Community College this semester, and It's been ten years since I've been in the classroom! I'm excited but also overwhelmed.
So what's a girl to do? Well, start blogging of course! Because if you happen to follow @GreenLiteBites on IG you know I've been cooking up a storm. I just haven't gotten into a groove with posting things here yet. Life has been a bit crazy over the last few weeks, and I'm more than ready for the new school year to start so the whole family can get back into some kind of schedule.
Anyway, I'm here to share my go-to, all-purpose seasoning salt. I use this stuff on everything but especially love it on grilled chicken.
That's last night's dinner, Grilled Chicken with Twice Baked Potatoes and Chopped Broccoli. I used the All-Purpose on everything, and the family devoured it, even The 7-Year-Old!
This is one of two spices mixes I make and keep on hand. The other one is specifically for skinned chicken as it helps crisp it up, but this one is good on veggies, potatoes, and meats. It's my new go-to for London broil. Oh! And I also use it when I roast lunches for the week. It's fabulous with bell pepper!
Here's what I do...
All-Purpose Seasoning Salt
Yield ½ cup
A homemade seasoning salt mix to keep on hand for meats, veggies, and even potatoes.
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder (granulated)
- 1 tablespoons onion powder (granulated)
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red peppers
Mix all ingredients together in small bowl or Tupperware dish. Pinch and sprinkle on anything!
- I keep the red pepper flakes in check because of the kids but of course, you can up it if you like heat. I plan on slowly increasing it so they get used to it.
- A little goes a long way!
Serving Size 1 tsp
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrates 1 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.