The season of the salad is just beginning!
Every spring I start to crave fun salads and being home for spring break this year, I started the experiments early. First, I went spicy with my Ham & Cheese Spinach Salad with Tangy Mustard Dressing and now I’m enter the sweet zone.
As always, I hope you get ideas, making the salad with your favorite veggies. Right now, I’m really into fast, lite, homemade dressings. It’s fun being creative and trying to make a boring salad more tasty!
- About 3 cups of leafy greens (I used 2 c baby spinach and 1 c romain)
- 4-5 baby carrots sliced
- ½ small cucumber sliced
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2.5 oz cooked chicken (71 g) ( I used Short Cuts)
- 1 tablespoon low sugar strawberry preserves (or no sugar)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
Pile all the salad fixings on a big plate. Top with chicken.
In a small bowl, whisk the preserves, olive oil, salt & pepper. Drizzle on top of the salad.
Chicken Salad with Quick Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Pile all the salad fixings on a big plate. Top with chicken.About 3 cups of leafy greens, 4-5 baby carrots sliced, ½ small cucumber sliced, 3-4 cherry tomatoes, 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar, 2.5 oz cooked chicken, 1 tablespoon low sugar strawberry preserves
- In a small bowl, whisk the preserves, olive oil, salt & pepper. Drizzle on top of the salad.1 teaspoon olive oil, Salt & Pepper