I love playing tag! A Southern Grace got me this time and I’m glad she did. I haven’t posted any fun blog stuff here yet.
So, here it is, 7 things you didn’t realize you needed to know about me and food…
- I HATE mayonnaise! Despise the stuff. And it’s not just for health reasons. Even as a child it just totally grossed me out. While I’m confessing I might as well add sour cream, ranch dressing and creamy soups to the list.
- Unlike A.Grace, I like my bananas still a bit green and firm. As soon as there is a brown spot on it, I’m ready to bake with it. Thankfully, the toddler doesn’t care, so I eat a few early in the week and he finishes the bunch later on.
- When I was a kid, every day after school I would make myself an English muffin pizza. (I guess I started to train early on the pizza addiction)
- I might get some slack on this one but I have NEVER liked Mac & Cheese. EVER! Honestly, the smell grosses me out. My comfort food of choice when I was a kid was beef-a-roni. You know, that mish mosh of elbow macaroni and ground beef you’d get at school. MAN, I could eat that by the pound!
- Something weird I started doing a few years ago, I mix raw almond butter with my natural peanut butter. It makes a great texture and I figure the toddler is getting a better variety of nutrients.
- I can’t tell the difference between frozen yogurt and ice cream. I mean, maybe, if I had a blind taste test side-by-side comparison I’d be able to tell. But if you give me something cold, creamy and chocolate, I’m good.
- My favorite thing to do in the WORLD is to split a homemade smoothie with the toddler. Here we are this morning downing a banana strawberry blueberry cherry chocolate smoothie! Sometimes we go a little nuts with the flavors. ;~P
So I guess it’s my turn to tag others. Well, I may be going totally out of my league here so I doubt they’ll respond but I tag Pinch My Salt, Smitten Kitchen, and The Leftover Queen. Three of my absolute favorite food blogs, they all have awesome photos and inspire me every day to think outside of my comfort level.