Guys, I've been sitting on this recipe for over a week! It's been a crazy month, and there's no sign of it slowing down any time soon. The kids are home, we had our annual week at the beach, we hosted a 4th of July BBQ, celebrated my Mom's birthday, and The Husband and I are off for a long weekend next week.
I tend to jam too many things in between June and August but isn't that what summer's all about?
Anyway, I made this salsa for the 4th of July BBQ we hosted, and everyone loved it. Look, even The Husband dug right it!
He never likes stuff like this!
Summer produce is the best. Here's what I did...
Kiwi, Nectarine and Avocado Salsa
Yield 4-6 servings
Kiwi, Nectarine and Avocado Salsa is a fun twist on a traditional dip.
- 3 Nectarine pitted and chopped
- 3 kiwi skinned and chopped
- ½ red onion minced
- 1 avocado cut into cubes
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 jalapeno pepper minced
- handful of cilantro chopped
- healthy pinch of salt
Combine all the ingredients and chill for about an hour to give the flavors a chance to merge.
- Don't have nectarines? Try peaches, plums, or even an apple. The key ingredients here are the onion, avocado, lime, cilantro and salt. The kiwi adds a nice, subtle sweetness when ripe. Have fun with your favorite fruit combinations!
- I loved this with protien crisps but tortillas chips are yummy too!
- I'm providing the nutritional information for the entire batch. Split it up anyway you see fit! We shared it among 4 people.
Serving Size entire batch
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 25 g
Total Carbohydrates 100 g
Dietary Fiber 24 g
Sugars 55 g
Protein 10 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.