This morning I was cravings beets. Yes, I know how ridiculous that sounds, but I really couldn’t get the thought of them out of my head.
So I decided to go with it.
I have about a half hour between dropping the 13-Year-Old off at school and getting the 7-Year-Old on the bus. That gave me more than enough time to whip this up.
The fennel added the perfect flavor and slight crunch to this “salad.” Can I call it a salad? I’m not even sure. Regardless, it hit the spot and was surprisingly filling. This is why I keep things like canned beets in my pantry!
Here’s what I did…
2-Minute Chicken and Beets
Yield 1 serving
Craving beets? Try this quick Chicken and Beet salad idea that takes moments to pull together and uses just a few key pantry items.
- 15oz can of cut beets drained
- 3oz grilled chicken strips cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 oz crumbled goat cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Toss the beets and chicken with the fennel, parsley, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Top with the goat cheese. Enjoy!
- You can, of course, use fresh roasted beets. I just like to keep cans of beets in the pantry when I crave them like this morning.
- If you don't have goat cheese feta would work too!
- I used leftover chicken that I grilled but you could use the store-bought strips too.
Serving Size entire recipe
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 5 g
Total Carbohydrates 30 g
Dietary Fiber 7 g
Sugars 23 g
Protein 36 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
I really starting to like these non-traditions breakfasts, like my Fall Butternut Ham Skillet.3