This has been my go-to dish when getting together with my gym buddies. It’s simple to make, has tons of flavor and everyone seems to love it!
I originally shared this idea in 2014, and it was one of the first recipes I included on the relaunch of GreenLiteBites because I make it so much.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Ham
Yield 4 Servings
An easy, flavorful dish all cooked on one sheet pan. Great for a potluck!
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into about 3/4-inch cubes (~600g)
- 10 oz ham, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (14g) (Your favorite oil is fine)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (20g)
- ~1/4 tbsp molasses (~5g)
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp allspice
Preheat the oven to 425 Degrees.
Throw everything in a bowl and toss to coat.
Line and spray a large cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
Pour the potatoes onto the cookie sheet and spread out as much as possible.
Roast for 40-45 minutes tossing once or twice.
- No molasses? No problem. It's still great without. The molasses just deepens the sweetness a bit.
- A pinch of ground cloves and a dash of nutmeg can be used instead of the allspice.
- This dish gets better with a little caramelization. Don't fear overcooking it a little!
- Tastes great at room temp!
Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 5 g
Total Carbohydrates 36 g
Dietary Fiber 5 g
Sugars 9 g
Protein 17 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.