I’ve made something similar to these a while back but today I was inspired by 2 things.
- My Assignment from the California Avocado Commission was simply: BBQ/grilling recipes. As a self proclaimed grill whore, I was excited to say the least.
- Tasting the most amazing guac I’ve ever had at FitBloggin‘ made by my friend Brandi. Hands down the best guac I’ve ever had!
Unfortunately I couldn’t get my hands on serrano peppers, Brandi’s “secret,” so I just did the best I had with what I could find.
The result was fantastic! And my idea to use tortillas as buns was perfect! I’m going to share how I made them yesterday but next time I’m going to up the avocado even more. I’m thinking a whole one would work great. When I make it again I’ll add a note to the bottom of this post.
Here’s what I did yesterday…
- 1/2 California avocado
- 1 lb extra-lean ground turkey (I used 99%)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced (60g)
- 1 small onion, diced (60g)
- 10g fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Juice of 1 lime (3/4 of an ounce)
- 8 small corn tortillas (or 2 for however many you plan on eating)
Run your knife through the avocado making a small checkerboard pattern — this helps make sure there’s won’t be any large chunks.
Scoop the avocado into a bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
Combine well with hands and form into 4 patties.
Grill about 7 minutes a side over medium heat.
Warm the tortillas on the grill during the last few minutes of cooking.
I used the tortillas as a bun and topped with a bit of salsa and cilantro.
It was perfect!
Even the 10-Year-Old thought they looked good enough to try and gave it a shot!
He liked it!! I couldn’t believe it. He’s really been surprising my lately with his adventurous eating. He’s so much more mature about food now. It’s nice!
|Servings||Amt per Serving|
|4||1 turkey patty and 2 corn tortillas|
|265||3g||4g||old: 5||new: 6|