Last night was burger night at my house. You’d think total crowd pleaser, right?
Well, The 3-Year-Old thinks the burger on the bun “ruins” it. So he removes the patty, devours the bun, and then needs to be coaxed to take a bite or two of the meat.
The 9-Year-Old is the complete opposite. He eats all the meat leaving more than half the bun.
The Husband? He’s just happy I didn’t try to serve him some kind of squash or kale experiment.
Dinner’s always an adventure!
Anyway, I decided to have a little fun with my burger and totally turned it into one of the most amazing salads ever!
Here’s what I did…
- 4 oz lean beef formed into a patty (or your meat of choice — I used 90% lean)
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce (10g)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp honey (10g)
- Pinch of kosher salt
- About 3 cups of your favorite greens (I used a combo of baby kale and baby spinach from Aldi)
- Half a red bell pepper (I would have used a tomato if I had one!)
- 1/4 of an avocado, cut into chunks (The 3-Year-Old who wouldn’t eat the burger ate the rest cubed up. Crazy right?)
- 1 tbsp real bacon bits (7g)
- 3 bread and butter pickle slices, chopped
- 1 oz fancy shredded Mexican cheese blend (28g)
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Â Cook the burger patty to your liking. I’m a rare/medium-rare girl myself.
While the patty is cooking, in a small bowl whisk the Sriracha, vinegar, honey and salt. Set aside.
Pile the greens on a plate, top with the bell pepper (or tomato). Once the patty is done, remove from heat, let it rest a few minutes and then cut into cubes. Pile it in the middle of the greens. Top with the avocado, bacon bits, pickles and cheese. Â Drizzle the sriracha dressing on top.
Once you have this you may never want a bun again! It’s a super filling, satisfying meal!
|Servings||Amt per Serving|
|485||24g||8g||old: 11||new: 12|