Three years ago I posted a video called “Makin’ Hard Boiled Eggs” where I shared my system for, well… making hard boiled eggs. Genius name, I know. I’m smart like that.
Anyway, since then I’ve gotten tons of feedback and comments thanking me but all the information is locked in a long winded 10 minute video so I don’t link to it often.
Today I’m here to remedy that and share the written version for quick reference.
Here’s my technique for perfectly done, easy to peel, hard boiled eggs.
- Bring a pot (large enough to fit the number of eggs you want to cook without crowding) of water to a boil.
- Lower the eggs into the boiling water carefully.
- Set a timer for 13-15 minutes based on your taste. Now I find 13 minutes the perfect time for “just done” yolks, but if you are worried about under-doneness go with 15 to start and then adjust to find your perfect time.
- While eggs are cooking fill a large bowl with ice and water to make an ice bath.
- Once time is up, remove the eggs from the pot and place in the ice bath.
That’s it! Let them sit in the water until they cool and then transfer to the refrigerator until ready to eat.
If you have 10 minute to spare click here to watch the video. A lot has changed since then. I had long hair, I’m in my old house and, “the Toddler” although not in the video, was my only child. We also now go through 2 dozen eggs a week not 1, and I buy better quality eggs that rarely crack.
WOW. It’s amazing what can change in 3 years!
Now… on to my good news!
Well, actually I have two fun things to share.
- I was nominated for FitnessMagazine.com’s Best Healthy Eating Blog. Very exciting! Please click here and vote for me. I would be honored.
- I received the best message today from Amy of A Little Nosh.
How awesome is that?! Totally makes my day!
Ok, back to our regularly scheduled programming. I’m trying to work out a schedule so I can record a roasted chicken video. I have a new, fun, tasty approach that baby, kid and husband all went gaga for!