I’m so sorry I’ve been slacking in the Thanksgiving recipe department. I feel like a bad food blogger. Everyone else is posting festive ideas and here I’ve gone missing for a few days.
Maybe it’s because I’m not doing anything special for Turkey day. I finally got my holiday cooking traditions established and now I’m just in execution mode. My menu consists of…
- Turkey, of course.
- Stuffing similar to this
- These Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- These Simply Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- A salad similar to this but I’m using walnuts this year, adding pear and using a Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette.
- Crescent Rolls
That’s it! Nothing really fancy and all stuff the family likes.
Ok, I think I’ve gotten off track! I’m here to tell (show) you my latest smoothie obsession! Which, by the way is a powerhouse! According to NutritionData.com it is a good source of Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol), Calcium, Magnesium and Copper, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Manganese. Nutritional Information and recipe under the video…
Here’s the details…
- 1/2 banana
- About 2/3 cup of frozen wild blueberries (60g)
- At least 20g of raw kale
- 5oz Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 scoop unflavored protein powered (I use Any Whey )
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder (10g)
Blend for about a minute.
Notes: You can replace the kale with spinach. If you like a sweeter smoothie used sweetened almond milk or add a little honey.
Oh! and here’s that link to the kale fried rice video I mentioned.
|Servings||Amt per Serving|
|235||4g||9g||old: 4||new: 6|