Ahhh FALL! I’m loving it. Not because of the change in weather (MAN it’s rained every day for about 3 weeks now,) not because school has started (although that’s a perk,) but because winter squashes are everywhere!
I’ve roasted a couple of large butternut squashes for Little Bean’s baby food but it wasn’t until yesterday I decided to help myself.
This pizza was nothing short of amazing, in my opinion of course. I’ll be making another one today for lunch. It takes just a few minutes, it’s tasty, and it’s super light. That’s the trifecta of awesome food!
- 1 Flat Bread or Tortilla (I used Flat Out Original Light)
- 1/4 cup mashed butternut squash (70g)
- Kosher Salt
- 1/8 cup (30g) Part Skim Ricotta
- About 1/4 tsp Ground Sage
- About 1/8 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp (7g) Bacon Bits
- 1 tbsp (4g) Pumpkin seeds or roasted Butternut Squash Seeds
- Handful of baby spinach loosely chopped
Turn on the broiler.
Lay the flat bread or tortilla on a sheet of aluminum foil and place under the broiler for about 1 minute a side until crisp.
Smear the butternut squash on the flat bread and sprinkle with Kosher salt.
Dollop the ricotta and then sprinkle with sage and nutmeg.
Top with the bacon bits and seeds.
Finally, add the baby spinach.
Cook under the broiler on the second rack down for about 4 minutes.
|Servings||Amt per Serving|