I love experimenting with fun turkey burger ideas because let’s be honest, a plain turkey burger is kind of boring. I either want a juicy simple beef burger OR a fun, flavor filled turkey burger. Either works for me. :)
Today I was inspired by a traditional bacon cheese burger. I had some 99% lean turkey defrosted and a couple of Mini Babybel light rounds–which surprisingly melt fabulously!
I decided to add some grated zucchini to bulk them up and help the moisture factor as turkey this lean is dry. The result was tasty! They weren’t as flavorful as I thought they would be but the texture was perfect. Next time I may reduce the zucchini and add some minced onion and garlic. Here’s the base idea, take it and run… :)
- 8oz Extra Lean Ground Turkey (I had the 99% lean kind)
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini (100g)
- 4 tbsp real bacon bits (28g)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats (60g)
- Pinch of Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- 2 The Laughing Cow Mini Babybel® Light Rounds (or an 1 1/2 oz of your favorite cheese)
Put all the ingredients in a bowl except the cheese.
Mix well. The mixture will be moist.
Separate the meat mixture into 4 equal parts of about 4 oz each. Now take 1 of the 4 oz parts and Separate into 2 small patties.
Open a round.
Cut it in half lengthwise…
making two circles.
Place one of the cheese circles int he center of a small patty.
Top with the other patty and form together.
Repeat for the other 3 burgers.
Grill the burgers about 6 minutes a side. They will stick especially if the grill isn’t hot enough. Use non-stick spray or rub the grill with a bit of oil to help.
I ate mine on a new VitaBun with some baby spinach and a squirt of ketchup. It was perfect!
Here’s an inside shot. It came out moist and cheesy!
Other Turkey Burger Ideas…
- Southwestern Turkey Burgers
- Grilled Honey Mustard Turkey Oat Burgers
- Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers
- Pineapple, NO I mean Apple, Chutney Turkey Burger
|Servings||Amt per Serving|
|4||1 patty – NOT including the bun|
|200||6g||3g||old: 4||new: 5|