One thing you need to know about me… I LOVE a challenge. So when ATHENOS asked if I was interested in becoming a Spokesblogger for their Make a Change for the Feta campaign and coming up with 18 Feta Cheese ideas for the month of July, I was immediately interested.
Here’s the thing… I rarely eat Feta and I don’t think I’m alone here. I mean like it. I get it on my wraps at work all the time. I just never really thought about fun ways to use it at home.
Well, that’s all about to change! I have a fridge full of feta and at least a dozen ideas in my head. I honestly can NOT wait to get started tomorrow. I love the idea of having a goal for the next few weeks… it gets my creative juices pumping!
In addition to my recipe ideas I’ll be doing a giveaway every Friday! The giveaway will include ATHENOS Feta coupons a free month membership to Lifetime Fitness, and other goodies to be announced. I’ll have a picture of the prize pack this Friday for our first one.
Below are some more details about the campaign.
Oh! and keep an eye out for me on the ATHENOS Fan Page! They will be showcasing my ideas along with the other Spokesbloggers.
MAN! This is going to be fun! :) I’ll be back tomorrow with my first idea… take one guess what I’ll be tackling… I’ll give you a hint.. I’m addicted to it. ;)
- What is ATHENOS Feta?
- ATHENOS Feta is a white, crumbly cheese made exclusively from pasteurized milk. It has a rich, tangy flavor that ranges in texture from soft to semi-dry and can be used on anything from salads to pizza and pasta dishes. ATHENOS Feta is available in both large chunk and crumbled varieties and 11 different flavors.
- What does Make a Change for the Feta mean?
- Make a Change for the Feta is a call to action: Make a simple change in how you top your salads and enjoy more flavors with fewer calories. ATHENOS Feta cheese naturally has one-third less fat and 30 percent fewer calories than cheddar.
- Who are the other ATHENOS Make a Change for the Feta spokesbloggers?
- How did I become involved with ATHENOS Make a Change for the Feta and ‚ÄúSummer Salad Month‚ÄĚ as a spokesblogger?
- I partnered with ATHENOS Feta and became a Make a Change for the Feta spokesblogger because I believe in eating delicious food and trying new things are a part of a balanced lifestyle. It’s all about small changes, right? I hope to inspire you to try something new and possibly something a little lighter then your current cheese choice.
- How does ATHENOS Feta compare nutritionally to other cheeses?
- ATHENOS Feta naturally has one-third less fat and 30 percent fewer calories per serving than cheddar cheese. Plus, ATHENOS Feta offers 6 grams of protein per serving.
- Does ATHENOS Feta have more sodium than other cheeses?
- ATHENOS Feta has similar sodium content to other soft crumbly cheese (roughly 390mg). Because of its bold flavor, ATHENOS Feta can enhance the flavor of a dish in place of adding traditional table salt. It also can be used in smaller servings than the recommended serving size to add a touch of flavor to favorite dishes.
- Is ATHENOS Feta a low-fat cheese?
- While ATHENOS Feta is available in reduced-fat and fat-free varieties, traditional ATHENOS Feta is not a low fat cheese. ATHENOS Feta naturally has one-third less fat and 30 percent fewer calories than cheddar cheese, however.
- Where can you find ATHENOS Feta cheese?
- You can find ATHENOS Feta cheese nationwide in the specialty cheese section of most local grocery store or supermarket chains.
FULL DISCLOSURE: I have partnered with ATHENOS Feta¬†to serve as one of ATHENOS Change for the Feta Bloggers. I am compensated for my time commitment to the program, which includes blogging about my cooking experiences with ATHENOS Feta. I have also been compensated for the food purchased for my Change for the Feta creations. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.