I took a vacation day from work today after a fabulous trip to Boston. I don’t know about you but I always need a vacation from my vacations. :)
Anyway, I wanted to make a quick brunch and I happened to have a can of refried beans opened from some quesadillas I made on Thursday with the little guy. You guys know me and my pizza addiction so it shouldn’t be that much so this idea shouldn’t be that much of a surprise.
I only made one today and the toddler asked for a bite. He said he didn’t like yet he kept asking for more. You be the judge. lol
- 1 whole wheat/low carb tortilla (I made a list of 1 point tortillas here)
- 1/4 cup fat free re-fried beans (60g)
- 2 tbsp of our favorite salsa (30g)
- pinch of kosher salt
- about 1/4 cup diced peppers (I used a mix of red and green)
- 1 oz mozzarella cheese (or Mexican cheese blend– I just didn’t have any :)
- Sprinkle chili powder and dried cilantro
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Pierce the tortilla with a knife a few times and bake for about 2 minutes until crispier.
Mix the beans, salsa and salt together. Smear it on the tortilla. top with the peppers and cheese. Bake for about 5 minutes.
After pulling it out of the oven sprinkle with chili powder and cilantro.
Nutritional information will depend on the tortilla you use. Approximate nutritional information based on the brand I used.
|Servings||Amt per Serving|