Armed with an industrial sized bag of broccoli florets from my local whole sale club and tired of steamed broccoli I present Chilled Broccoli Salad!
The idea is inspired by the buffet style broccoli salads you may see at a party or event. Except I skipped the mayo, limited the cheese and bacon, replaced the sugar with Stevia and added some carrots for color. I LOVED the results and I kind of wish I made more, so feel free to double!
I can’t lie, I made this for myself and I ate the whole batch slowly throughout the morning! It’s GONE!
- 3 cups raw broccoli florets (273g)
- ½ cup of carrots grated/shredded
- ¼ cup diced sweet or red onion
- 2 tbsp real bacon bits (14g)
- 1 oz fancy shredded cheddar cheese or a Mexican cheese blend
- ½ cup non-fat unflavored yogurt (114g)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2-1 tsp powdered Stevia extract (based on taste – used for sweetening)
If you like, blanch the broccoli. Bring a pot of water to a boil, drop in the broccoli then remove after a minute and place in a large bowl of ice cold water.
Place the broccoli, carrots, onion, bacon bits, and cheese in to a medium-large bowl.
In a smaller bowl whisk the yogurt, vinegars and stevia to make the dressing.
Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture. Stir to coat and refrigerate for a at least 10 minutes.
|Servings||Amt per Serving|
|3||Just Over a Cup|
|93||3g||3g||old: 2||new: 3|