I made this for lunch yesterday and then again today. I almost wish I had more leftovers for tomorrow!
Here’s the idea, a little leftover lean protein, a ton of veggies, a slice of cheese and a whole wheat pita. Really, how can you go wrong?
- thick slice of sweet onion diced
- Â½ of a small zucchini diced
- Â¼ of a red bell pepper diced
- Â¼ of a green bell pepper diced
- 2 oz of cooked chicken or turkey breast or any lean cut of meat
- 1 slice (1oz) Muenster Cheese
- Â½ large whole wheat pita or 1 small whole wheat pita
- Koshers salt & pepper
- non stick cooking spray
Spray a small non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add the onion and let cooke while dicing the other veggies. Add the zucchini and peppers, sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper. Cook until just turning tender. Stir in the meat and cook for a minute to warm it up.
Push everything in the skillet close together and lay the cheese on top. Cover for a minute to allow cheese to melt.
Scoop into the pits using a spatula. Server with a side of baby carrots!
|Servings||Amt per Serving|
|1||1 Cheese’steak’ Pita|
|266||8g||6g||old: 5||new: 7|